Friday 5 October 2007

Wedding belles

Hello one and all and thank XXXX it is Friday, and I mean it. I do love school days as you all know but it is nice not to have all that running around in the morning. I have some good news we are now the proud owner of a new, not brand new but new to us, dishwasher and I do not mean my husband. Am very very happy and it has cut down the clearing time by absolutely loads, obviously.

In the news recently has been the story about a mayor in Ireland who has injured a woman by leapfrogging over her. Hello? I cannot believe that this story has dominated the headlines. Is this what the world has come to? Don't get me wrong, I am sure that the poor unfortunate woman dressed as a tomato (yes I have typed correctly) is in serious amounts of pain due to her vertebrae being dislodged by the mayor's knee but should this really be headline news? I don't think so, although it does beat the normal depressing, death and destruction headlines.

Anyway, have no real plans for the weekend apart from the norm of washing, cleaning and tidying and flicking through the wedding magazine in honour of my best friend's wedding. I just love weddings especially those of whom are close to you. Before I know it, Monday will be upon us again, life is just flying past far too quick for my liking.

Today's medical fact; You burn more calories sleeping than you do watching T.V.

Both sounds good to me

5 comments:

The World According To Me said...

That's my excuse for sleeping in at the weekends sorted. I'm burning off calories!

Good news about the dishwasher!

Will you be leap frogging over any tomatoes this weekend?! If so, take care. xx

Anonymous said...

Ahhh - the Wedding ! How gorgeous is that ring ! Hope you are all well lovely, HH x

Katherine said...

Leap frog???? LOL How embarrassing to have this make front page news.

So you are getting married, huh? How very exciting. Congrats!!

We couldn't live without a dishwasher. We'd be drowning in dirty dishes.

patience of a saint said...

FPE; I have heard on the grapevine that you look lovely and that burning all the calories has paid off, not that I think you don't always look lovely.

HH; Cannot wait for the wedding and feeling a tad envious at the size of her rock.

KMG; Hello there I hope that you are well. I am not getting married as for my sins I already am but my best friend is and she has been dreaming of this moment (like all women) for a long time.
I absolutely love the dishwasher, I really do and I cannot understand why I did not get one sooner, well actually do not understand why someone did not donate one to us sooner. x x x x

The World According To Me said...

Crikey Patience. Ever so nice of you to say so. I wouldn't go as far as to say I look lovely, but there is slightly less of me and I do feel some confidence returning into my life.
Lots of love and thanking you for the nice comment. xx