Wednesday 1 August 2007

Jingle bells

I have very bad news, the thick black smoke that our eBay purchased car decided to emit is in a bad way. It requires a new engine, which in any language is not a good thing. Although my husband is a car mechanic, we still need to purchase parts. On the up side husband has located required engine for a fair price of £100, the only problem being we don't actually have £100 so I hope that he doesn't require payment soon and never would be ideal. So we are going from having two cars, one which was too small and sold and the other ill so rendered useless; I don't know.
Not to worry though worse things have happened at sea I am sure. Husband, like most men I am sure, was not best pleased when I returned only 5 minutes after leaving to pick my friend up to the news that there was no way I was driving the car, when you could see people coughing their guts up in the wake of the smoke coming from the exhaust. It is seriously not a good look.
So it is midway through another week and today we have mostly ventured in the garden and around my mum's house. Still feel bad about not doing too much with the kids but having the excuse of not having a car makes me feel better than having a car but no money to do anything with them. A week has passed since the two older children's birthdays (born on the same day but 2 years apart) and not even one week has passed since the terrible twins birthdays and we are now talking about what they want for their birthday's next year; oh my god. Technically I blame my dad, as he gave me the latest edition of the Argos catalogue which they are busy thumbing through, eyes alive with the excitement. I dare not tell them that Christmas is closer because before I know it I will have to suffer Christmas movies in the height of summer and 'when we wake up will it be christmas?' No thank you.

2 comments:

The World According To Me said...

Patience of a Saint, it's the Flying Pink Elephant here!

I feel honoured to be leaving the first comment on your blog, and I just wanted to say - keep up the good work! I am loving it and will be checking in regularly.

By the way, is the picture you?! I sure don't recognise you if it is!

patience of a saint said...

Well thank you, FPE. I was taught by the best.
Here's to more posts and more comments alike.
LOLXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX