Saturday 4 August 2007

They are coming to take me away, ha ha, he he

Today I feel a trip to Warley mental home is necessary. I am slowly beginning to look like the lady at the top of my blog. Mainly it is child number 7, the naughty baby. Naughty but oh so cute and very noisy. I treated the children to an ice-cream at the little shop at the top of my road and then thought that we would gradually stroll towards the park and that is all we did. Child number 3 decided not to eat his 'magnum' using the stick like any normal person but by the actual ice cream, I just don't know where that one came from, I would say swapped at birth but he is a mini me of my husband so that is not the case. So needless to say not only was he extremely sticky but the wasps were very fond of him and it was a one sided relationship. He was like a child possessed. I was beginning to get calm courtesy of my 'almond magnum' but watching him freak out, I could feel the anger return. Then he said to me 'mummy I know I'm a big boy but I just don't like wasps.' My heart melted just like his ice cream and all screaming was forgiven. Everyone keeps telling me, and to be honest they seem to enjoy it, they all tell me to wait until they are all teenagers, and that is when the smug look is wiped all over their face. So I have to tell myself to take in every moment and enjoy it because there is no going back and before long child number 3 will not mention being a big boy again. Yesterday courtesy of my friend was a lovely day and to be honest put me to shame. She is not paranoid about shoes inside her house or food and drink eaten in her living room, unlike me. She cares not for water pistols or mammoth trampolines with no net for protection. I believe myself to be a overprotective, hater of dangerous fun. I just cannot help myself, a bit like my OCD, my mind just goes overboard and I imagine the children playing on the trampoline and them being boinged into next door, head first. I am sure that it would not happen, but it could. She tried to discourage any doubts that I had by telling me that in the 3 years she has had the trampoline none of her children have had any accidents - it did not help. I just chose not to watch. So on the way home I vowed to ease up and not be so strict, but you cannot undo 10 years in one walk home, so just like many things; slow and steady wins the race. I have instructed husband to buy water pistols and I promise not to freak when they come in first thing in the morning, only minutes after getting dressed soaking wet. If you hear stifled screaming it is me being carted away to Warley, I hope I get visitors.

No comments: