Tuesday 7 August 2007

Mistaken Identity

Thank god I am back to my normal self, my sanity has returned and it seems a trip to Warley was not needed. Although it is extremely noisy here still it is a little less manic. Sunday was spent walking into town and the money the terrible twins received for their birthday was burning a hole in their pockets so one purchased a hot wheels number and the other a transformer toy. We then visited the local ducks at the park and sat in the sun for a moment before dragging our sun drenched bodies back home. I just cannot believe the weather at the moment it is glorious big time, and to think that we were tainted by fools leading us to believe that there would be no summer, pah. Although in my 32 years I have learnt that as soon as you mention something happening it ceases to continue, can't be coincidence as it happens to frequently. If the summer finishes rather abruptly don't come knocking on my door. So here we are and before we know it it will be the weekend again, that's the thing with school holidays the days all roll into one. I went out with my friend last night and we were discussing the adult college prospectus that we had received through the door, I had already chosen ballroom dancing as an option, (nobody puts Helen in the corner) and did not care, whereas my friends eye's lit up when I said it as she didn't want to say it for fear of being laughed at. When we were waiting to be seated at the restaurant of our choice, I thought I recognised a lady eating her dinner, smiled and realised that I didn't actually know her. She looked at me, giving me a polite smile but not recognising me, which makes sense considering I didn't actually know her. Thankfully there were no tables for 45 mins, (No tables on a Monday evening?) and when we said we would wait, the waiter looked put out so we decided to take our custom elsewhere. I seem to have a habit of making a fool of myself in public; waving at people I think I know but don't, nearly went to hug some man but realised he wasn't the person I thought he was. The best one was when I was walking past the local fishmongers, busy looking in my bag and I walked into someone, looked up and said sorry. As I looked up to see the person I had bumped into I realised that I had apologised to a 6ft giant replica fisherman. Things like that you can never live down, no matter how much therapy you have.

3 comments:

The World According To Me said...

Good afternoon POAS

Don't worry, I wouldn't have let them take you to Warley! They would have to take me first. Hmmm. Maybe that's not such a good suggestion.

I hope you enjoyed your meal last night, and it was bug free. In this day and age, I can't help thinking that bug free meals are the way forward.

patience of a saint said...

FPE, I do too believe that it is not too much to ask for not to have creatures roaming in your salad, but maybe we are just too picky. You know what would happen if you tried to stop the men in white coats from taking me? They would take you too and we would both end up in Warley. Actually, that doesn't sound like such a bad idea...........

The World According To Me said...

God help Warley if we both ended up there together, that's all I can say.