Thursday 9 August 2007

Tissues and Issues

I shouldn't actually be here, I should in fact be ironing, but when there is peace and quiet to be had then ironing is the last thing that you want to be doing. Peace and quiet was interrupted momentarily by my mobile phone ringing and a particularly annoying lady asking if I wanted half a million pounds worth of accidental damage cover. I must admit that when she mentioned half a million pounds I got a lot more interested but then bored when she mentioned insurance. She tried then to tempt me by saying that I would be covered whilst abroad but abroad is a word that I barely remember since having the kids. Anyway after telling her twice and most politely I may add, that I was not interested, she left me alone to stare at the ironing and dwell on my anger. Surely if I wanted insurance I would look for it myself? I promptly then registered my mobile number on the Telephone Preference Website http://www.tpsonline.org.uk/, which is marvellous you will never receive another marketing call again, and should you then you can appear all angry and inform that you have opted out off all sales calls and you will be alerting the TPS. At this stage they are worried and you are happy that you have scared them, oh little things please little minds. Yesterday was a lovely day, I was invited around another friends house (yes I have more than one friend) with the children, I did tell my friend that if she woke up the night before having a panic attack about having us all round then she can promptly cancel, but she did not. Today is mother-in-law day, like every Thursday rain or shine. I love my mother-in-law, and I realise that not many people can say that but I do and it has nothing to do with inheritance or gritted teeth. My mum also popped round and her roboeye is on the mend, I asked how far she could see with it and if she could identify any casualties but alas she could not, I am still hopeful that full robotic use will happen eventually.All is quite on the eastern front and the children are momentarily happy playing with the tents kindly provided by my friend (yes, another one) who in a moment of guilt about forgetting all of the kids birthdays (easily done, even I have trouble sometimes and husband has no idea really) purchased two tents. When she asked my how the holidays were finding me, I told her that I was holding on to my sanity by the skin of my teeth and how she laughed, oh well as long as someone else is laughing and if we don't laugh then we cry and we will never stop until they all go back to school. I am seriously considering a party involving silence and alcohol and lots of it, interested anyone?

4 comments:

The World According To Me said...

POAS - did someone mention the word alcohol?! Count me in. Although I am not promising to be quiet whilst drinking it.

Great post. Sod the ironing, that's what I say!

Did you see Heroes last night? I meant to tape it, as I went to the cinema, but I forgot. Damn my memory. Now I am 4 episodes behind, if I remember correctly?

patience of a saint said...

Miss elephant, you are a nightmare you really are, you are in fact 5 episodes behind. Not to worry though you may be able to see it again on another BBC channel, not sure which one, you need magnum to look into it. I will be taking a breather from the god forsaken ironing and taking a look at your site, meet me there in 5 x x x

patience of a saint said...

Mis FPE, I am indeed mistaken and you are correct. It is 4 episodes behind as I am watching the episode on BBC3 which is after the one on BBC2 at 10pm, many apologies

The World According To Me said...

Apologies accepted.

I am intrigued and curious. I must see it!