Monday 13 August 2007

Double vision

My doesn't time fly when you are having fun? We had a very pleasant weekend, Sunday was the best as I went shopping with my mum (Roboeye) and naughty baby. If you have ever wondered if you could in fact put two contact lenses in one eye, I can confirm that it is indeed possible. In my haste to stop the song Goldigga by Kayne West coming on and the explicit lyrics heard by all the children (someone doing something rude to Usher) I forgot which eye I had already put my lens in and placed it into the same eye. So no, that eye was not up to roboeye quality it was impossible to see anything. All was OK in the end thankfully and I managed to prise one lens out and put it into the relevant eye. There is three weeks and 1 day left until the children go back to school and all is quiet in the house. Last night we had the pleasure of watching The Blues Brothers, what a fantastic film. I have seen it before but not in all of its glory. I was reminded of it by way of an episode of Drake and Josh (Kids programme on Nickelodeon replay) in which Drake and Josh do a tribute to them in a Talent Show. Husband said that the children would like it but it is a 15, and with the amount of expletives, I can understand why. On Thursday we are venturing to Eastbourne to watch the air show which is near the beautiful area of ill fated Beachy Head.
Beachy Head, with its dramatic white cliffs and gently undulating downs, is
an area of outstanding natural beauty and tranquillity which belies its
proximity to the busy south eastern towns of England.
Although stunning views can be seen from all areas it is tainted with some heartbreaking situations. As you walk around you can see letters and flowers scattered around from where people have jumped and taken their lives. Very sad and it makes you realise just how lucky we are and how life is not easy for some people. On a lighter note we have now acquired a new vehicle (new to us, unfortunately we were not successful in winning the lottery) albeit a very big vehicle, 12 seats. Which is a few extra in case we have stragglers on a day trip somewhere. So all being well should be up and running in time for our trip to Eastbourne. So far so good with how the day is going today but then I must remember that it is only 9:32 AM, so I shouldn't get too excited just yet, by lunchtime I will probably be in a state of mental breakdown.
Beachy Head

2 comments:

The World According To Me said...

Howdy patience

Now where shall I begin.

Great news about the 12 seater. Hurray! You can all travel to your destination together, in a moving vehicle! And just in time for the air show. Sounds like a very enjoyable occasion.
I know what you mean about Beachy Head. I have been there before, and although stunning scenery surrounds it, I find it quite eery and sad when you know the history behind it.

Anyway, moving on to more cheerful matters. Three weeks and 1 day left until the summer holidays come to an abrupt end, and still no nervous breakdown. Well done!

As for the double contact lens vision. I have also managed to do that, and wondered why the sudden misty appearance! There are some things in life that only another fellow contact wearer could understand.

Bye for now.

xx

patience of a saint said...

Well hello there, thank you for your comment. Yes, all is good at the moment and the sun is shining and I have managed to hold back from the mental breakdown so hurray. Hope all is well for you and a lovely weekend was had. LOLxX