Tuesday 14 August 2007

Mrs Medicine

Today is not a nice day and from about 3am this morning it has not stopped raining. We have been lucky because we have had sunny weather of which we were told that we should not be having so maybe this is summer other and done with. I have decided to encourage some intellect into my blog and it has to be something of which I am interested in. I never really had a set career before I had the children and when I do eventually go back to work I know that what I used to do is not something that I can go back into. Jobs have changed so much now, when I was young a lot of jobs were careers that you could learn whilst actually doing the job but now you need to study and learn the profession before going ahead and working. I have decided to enrol into an Open University course, just a taster to begin with to see how I would fare. I always wonder what life would be like if I hadn't of had the children and don't get me wrong, I would never not have them but I have always been a very ambitious person. I said to my friend that I wished I'd have gone to University, and then I would have better qualifications than I have now. But she said that you would not be the same person and I seriously doubt I would have had the kids or be where I am today (heading towards Warley Mental Home). Anyway all will be OK I am sure and I can have my career when all the kids are older. Let's be honest you always think the greener on the other side and 9 times out of 10 this is not the case.
So from now on you lucky readers, you will have a medical fact to contemplate about and this is the first one. Did you know?

The average red blood cell lives for 120 days.

Well I certainly did not, and I am extremely glad that I now know it, can't say for sure how long it will stay in my long term memory, so I won't hold my breath. Actually that is a bit of a boring medical fact so let's hope that tomorrows medical fact has a little more bite to it; pardon the pun.

2 comments:

The World According To Me said...

I did not know that fact Mrs Medicine. May I call you Mrs Medicine?

I'm all for learning new things. I can't promise how long they will stay in my brain, but I would like to think they will be stored and pulled out at a later date.

I expect us both to be a fountain of knowledge in the not too distant future .

patience of a saint said...

Pink Elephant, you may well call me Mrs Medicine and in fact I quite like it. I would love to be a fountain of knowledge but seeing as remembering which day it is stumps me, I wouldn't pin your hopes on me. What with your knowledge of country life and antiques and my medical know how we would make quite a team wouldn't we? Don't ever have me as your phone a friend though as that would be a BIG mistake.