Tuesday 11 September 2007

Time flies when you are having FUN

So sorry I have left it so long but a lot has happened. I cannot believe that after 6 long weeks they are back to school and little Pixie has and some what nervously started playgroup. It feels like my last blogs were from a different life.

So we had a lovely two nights in a caravan which was situated a stone's throw from Great Yarmouth at a charming place called Hopton. I booked it through a company called Haven because we have outgrown most of the other places. Not too impressed with Haven this time especially as I upgraded the caravan. The first thing I have to get to grips with is that I am on holiday but I have to make all of the beds as the linen comes in plastic bags and not on the beds. Not holiday as we know it. I have used Haven before but not at this particular park. We were right next door to a kids playground, complete with cocky, swearing teenagers, my temperature rising I lowered my heart rate and bit my tongue. I had talked myself down from the ledge and all was OK, my crutch was that if they were still there being noisy when the children were trying to get to bed I would call the security number, nice.

Three beds made later and I noticed that three young men were taking items into the caravan next to us. Items being crates of beer. OK, time to finish the tongue completely off. 'It's OK, it's OK, it's OK' I chanted like a crazy woman. Husband was very calming and he told me to worry until there was cause to. OK, I thought that makes sense but in my mind it was 1.30 in the morning, they were drunk and trying to steal the children whilst fighting with the swearing teenagers.

Anyway we are all safely back home, all in one piece and the children are settled back at school like the 6 weeks holidays were a figment in our imaginations and before we know it, it will be the October half term. So the little matter of the greyhound which has settled nicely into our manic lifestyle. Everyone that I have spoken to have been so negative about having a dog, actually a bit like when I was expecting again. Lady or her official name; Randalls Legacy is no trouble at all, in fact the children are more trouble. The only thing I am having trouble with is wiping my floor about six times a day but I have found a solution and it is not doggy shoes. I just wipe her paws when she comes in and all is sorted.

So that is a compacted version of my life since my last posting, a lovely evening out if not a tad accident prone was had with a flying pink elephant and a midwife. We ventured out to the Oxo tower (nice), went to a nice bar, motion. Lost the midwife's glasses, got a parking ticket and a few other ups and downs, nothing is ever simple is it?

Anyway I must dash and once again I apologise for the delay, but I am sure that by next school holidays all will be back to normal and let's face it, we never know what a new day brings and that is what I like about life.

Today's medical fact; The eyelashes shed by a human in his entire life is of 30 m of length.

You couldn't make some of these facts up could you?

4 comments:

The World According To Me said...

You certainly couldn't make some of those facts up!

So little Pixie has started playgroup? Is she liking it? Not so nervous now?

And how is Lady? How old is she? I'm a big dog fan and I think it's lovely that you have given her a good, loving home. Good on ya!

Hope you all enjoyed your weekend.

Lots of love

xxx

Anonymous said...

Patience - where are you ??? I hope you haven't resigned your blogging fingers - only way I get to catch up with what's been going on with you and your brood - Guess who xxx

patience of a saint said...

Hello there FPE, Pix isn't that keen on playgroup so I have resorted to using blackmail in the art of sweeties and that works a treat.
Lady is lovely, she is 4 years old and very scared but her can blame her with all of us lot?????

patience of a saint said...

Hello anonymous, guessing is not my forte you may have to give many more clues. The only other anonymous I know of is hospital holiday. So is that you hospital holiday?