Thursday 29 November 2007

Nobody puts baby in a corner

Hello there campers, I hope life is finding you well. Lots obviously has happened since my last post and I cannot believe how quick time flies. This time next month, Christmas will be done and dusted and New Year will be upon us. Usually I am kind of sick of the thought of Christmas before it has even begun; don't get me wrong I absolutely love Christmas as it truly is the time of goodwill to all men, but with decorations being put up at the beginning of November it can be over before it has begun. This year for some reason is different. For a start I am not pregnant, this final pregnancy was the icing on the cake. I had severe complications resulting in a life threatening condition for myself. So from my 22 week scan we all had a lot of pressure put on us and I made sure that Christmas presents were bought well before Christmas as I was told that if I had any bleeding the baby would be born regardless of how many weeks. I had a condition called placenta percreta where the placenta of the baby was fused to my bladder which had basically resulted from too many Cesarean births. Luckily enough beautiful Indiana was born at 36 weeks at a very healthy 7lbs and I had to have a hysterectomy Cesarean section with bladder repair. All's well that ends well and that is probably why I feel so much more energetic this Christmas time due to the fact that I do not have a little person literally attached to me.

Very organised I am, Christmas presents have been purchased and wrapped and I am just waiting to write out my Christmas cards. All bets are on for which house down our road will be the first to put their decs up, I think that it will be a tough one and that there will be a race on the 1st December. The kids are all very excited and especially little, nearly three year old Pixie. I caught her last night trying to remember the words from 'when Santa got stuck up the chimney', which she must have learnt at Playgroup. Her eyes lit up when I sang to her last night, I am unsure whether it was from my singing or if she was in disbelief that I knew the words to the song. Cute Indiana has just properly starting to crawl and she is rather partial to putting her entire arm in the dog's water bowl, oh the joys of a mobile baby. Three times I had to change her yesterday as I 'forgot' that crawling babies will grab anything especially cups of coffee strategically placed on the floor and dog bowls.

Today's medical fact; Banging your head against a wall uses 150 calories an hour.

That's good enough for me.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Patience you are so funny - next time you see me I'll have the thinnest head in the world, as it's all I feel like doing at the moment !!! Can't wait to see you on 27th will be the first year in about 6 I've actually been able to celebrate your Birthday with you !
lots of love HH xxx

patience of a saint said...

Bless you Hospital Holiday. Sorry for your head although I am sure that it is used to it by now. Am certainly looking forward to seeing you on the 27th and I must admit that I had to read your text twice as I know how busy the christmas period is, we can both have a right good knees up and enjoy a few of our favourite tipple, love you loads x x x x

The World According To Me said...

Now I have 'when santa got stuck up the chimney' in my head!

Great to hear what you have been up to. So it's a pregnant free Christmas for you. Last year must have been very stressful honey.
Here's to Indiana and all your lovely children.
Look forward to spending your birthday with you on the 27th.

xxx

PS I'm off to bang my head now and loose some of those calories!

patience of a saint said...

FPE, those christmas songs have a habit of being so annoying that try as hard as you can, you cannot stop singing them; at least its not July. Sooooo looking forward to catching up will all the girls on the 27th. Trying to forget that I will be one year older x x x