Monday 3 December 2007

Laughter is the best medicine

Monday has found me again. I go to bed with good intentions of getting up earlier than normal to get all the things done that I didn't get done during the weekend. But as soon as the alarm goes off, getting up early is the last thing on my mind. The weekend was packed full of husband helping roboeye on her newly acquired allotment. Roboeye has been threatening to retire for the last two years, 'not long now until I retire, (14 months away)'. So when she actually does retire in this coming April I think it will take a while to get used to it. The allotment is top of the list of things that she will be doing when she does give work up and Husband has been helping her to make it at least look like something could actually grow on it. As to begin with it looked like our back garden minus the toys. Roboeye invited the children to 'help' on the allotment although I did have to remind her of the time when we visit our deceased grandparents in Gravesend and the children would think nothing of bombing over the graves without a bye or leave, so maybe them joining her at the allotment is not such a good idea. That is unless allotment owners do not mind little footprints on their prize grown marrows and cabbages; I think not.

Sunday I had inspiration to join Husband on his weekly jaunt to Tesco's to do the food shopping, something obviously not working right in my head. It wasn't too bad I guess, although will not be repeating it for a while, Husband commented on the time that when the terrible twins were being their mischievous little selves and hid inside one of the big milk crates and when a man on a motorised scooter passed to pick up a pint of milk, a little hand reached out and as he zoomed past he collected his milk from an outstretched twin hand, 'that's handy' he commented. Another customer noticed how cheeky they were when they were in stitches, pushing each over into a crate of toilet rolls and rebounding back. Needless to say that they have been banned by us from attending tesco's together and have to take it in turns each week. There is only so much twin fun that we can handle.

Today's medical fact; As we get older, the brain loses almost one gram per year.

That explains a lot

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you think if I asked Security at Tesco nicely- they'd let us have a copy of the cctv ! I'd love to have seen the twins in action sounds hilarious !!!
HH xxx

The World According To Me said...

That explains a lot indeed! Especially as I will be 40 in 6 years time!!!

Anyway, moving swifly on. I have just laughed out loud at the "that's handy" comment and image! Those cheeky twins are twice the fun!

xxxxx

patience of a saint said...

Never a dull moment in this house, that's for sure, x x x