Tuesday 1 April 2008

Seven is the magic number

I am writing this blog from the comfort of my home at quarter past nine in the morning on the day of Tuesday so can mean only one thing. These words either leave parents of school children crying or elated; there is no middle road, 'end of term'. For me I am happy (at the moment) as I have not to rush around reminding the children 'if you do not hurry up you will be late'. This fact does actually bother the older children who are at Junior School (Ages 7-11). I think that in a bid to make the children responsible at school they are told that it is down to them if they are late. This isn't actually fair really, it is surely down to parents to ensure that they arrive at school on time?
Anyway I do not care because at the moment because there is no school. Two whole weeks of no rushing (unless I choose to, and thank you very much but I do not). The children are fairly happy, to be honest there is always at least one of them moaning about their brother or sister but I suppose with so many of them it is an occupational hazard. I am chilling with my homies and a nice cup of Lady Gray tea (how posh!) and 'pooting' as the children call it on the 'pooter'. What can be better? Well actually quite a lot I guess; sunning myself in Barbados, chatting quietly to the handsome Peter Petrilli from 'heroes' but wake up girl this is reality and things like that do not happen to us 'normal' people so I had better just get back to life as it is.
Back to the seven kids then...........................................................................

Today's medical fact; The ears never stop growing through lifetime.

4 comments:

The World According To Me said...

Seven is indeed the magic number!

Enjoying your posh tea and not rushing? Good for you! Who needs Barbados and Pete whatever his name is, when you have seven lovely children and no school!

xxx

patience of a saint said...

Well when you put it like that FPE. I am so easily pleased arent I? Good to hear from you.

The World According To Me said...

Hello Patience

I wonder how much your ears have grown since writing this entry?

The World According To Me said...

No further updates?!

My ears are even bigger now!

xx