Friday 18 January 2008

Back to reality

Hello there campers, how is life finding you?

New year not so new me as a my fingers have found themselves within grabbing distance of a tin of quality streets, uh oh. I do believe that I may have mentioned the immortal words 'diet in January'. Still no sign of that appearing I am afraid and even less sign of the words 'gym' ever seeing the light of day. Not to worry there are more important things to be worrying about than the gym, (that's what I keep telling myself anyway).

So all is back to normal, back to school and back to playgroup so peace is restored in our household. Cannot believe that christmas has gone and summer should be approaching soon. Just the word makes me feel warmer and how lovely to wake up and it not be dark. As I speak it is the typical english weather; rain and lots of it. Pixie is helping me demolish the tin of quality streets and the way I see it she could do with them more than I can considering the amount of calories a little three year old must burn off. I had always wondered that would the children literally eat as many chocolates that they could until they felt sick? So I put it to the test and instead of rationing the sweets I put a tin of sweets in front of them and just let them eat as many as they liked. I can't actually remembering what happened and I think I chickened out and removed the sweets as I couldn't risk the sick factor. My mum always tells me about the time that she spun around and around so much that she was actually sick and I think that must have been at the forefront of my mind.

Anyway its a pleasure as always and watch this space for more exciting adventures

A hard working adult sweats up to 4 gallons per day. Most of the sweat evaporates before a person realises it's there.

YUK

6 comments:

The World According To Me said...

Hey Patience!

Great to hear from you.

It wouldn't be Christmas without Quality Streets. I've eaten a whole tin of them! With a little help from my chocolate-loving mother.

That sweat thing must include me, as I am a hard working adult indeed. Ha, ha.

Look forward to more updates soon.

Love to your family!

Anonymous said...

When I was 7 I ate 6 cadburys cream eggs in a row, I went pale, clammy and couldn't stop shaking. Kids have no limits - well done for chickening out - the carpet wouldn't have fared well.

I don't much like cadbury's cream eggs anymore...
HH xxx

The World According To Me said...

6 Cadburys cream eggs in a row?! Crikey!
I've eaten 3 in a row and that was sickly enough thank you.

xxx

Katherine said...

I sweat more than four gallons a day. Gross, huh? Yeah...I notice it.

Hope you still are having a great New Year!

Anonymous said...

Have you resigned your blogging fingers ? We're missing you !!!
HH
xxx

The World According To Me said...

Yep, we're missing you and your stories!

xx