Sunday 26 August 2007

Anger Management

I have had a very social weekend, much to my husbands annoyance. Friday night was a lovely evening, enjoying birthday drinks with my friends from school (where the children go) and to make it even better I bumped into 2 very old friends. When I say old, I don't mean that they are old but that I have known them for a serious amount of time, in fact you get a shorter sentence for manslaughter (only joking girls). It was like fate though, I had no idea that they would be both out and when we left the first venue (much to my annoyance) I bumped into them again at the later venue, what are the chances? It made a good night a fantastic night. Then last night I enjoyed fine wine with my best friend and her common law husband, absolutely the best food with the best service. A small country pub just out of Reigate. So two nights out in a run, I do believe that is grounds for divorce in my household and his mood was not lightened when I informed him that next weekend I had a date with a flying pink elephant (the blog title obviously, as we all know elephants are not pink and neither can they fly). So I am not popular at the moment.......oh well.

I have made contact with my stunning sister and roboeye having it large in Australia. So far so good and they having a lovely time, like that would be hard not too. (I am sorry but I cannot stop myself from seething jealousy). Anyway the sun is shining temporarily so all is good in the world for me, but Husband is a different story. On the way to Reigate I had the hard task of informing him that the clutch may well have gone on the car that he has only just fixed. I don't know what I may have done to upset this car but every time I use it, it breaks. So he was not a happy man. We are two very different people, I am a halfway full glass, he is a halfway empty and 'life is bad enough already' type of person. So last night after hearing that he once again had to repair the car I had the job of talking him down from the ledge and telling him that it is not the end of the world. I told him that we are lucky, we have each other, our children and a home. I can understand his anger, after all it's not me that has to repair the car but I don't see how screaming and shouting will make anything better. No-one tells you that when you decide to get married just which tactics you need to survive a relationship but I suppose that is what marriage is all about, I support him in his car repair anger and he supports me in my going to throttle the children anger, it's all about give and take. Shouldn't be called marriage should be called give and take and I am up for as much giving as is needed.

Today's medical fact; If Barbie were life-size, her measurements would be 39-23-33. She would stand seven feet, two inches tall and have a neck twice the length of a normal human's neck.

Not a good look

2 comments:

The World According To Me said...

Good morning Patience

Phew, that was a lucky escape, I actually wanted to look like Barbie once! I have changed my mind, if that is how I would be perceived. At least I have a normal neck and I am not the size of a small giant.

It was a smashing night on Friday, so unexpectedly nice to see you. To see you nice.

Your meal Saturday sounded very enjoyable. No creepy crawlies in your food?!

Sorry to hear about the car. I can imagine you telling him the news went down like a lead balloon.
All this giving and taking lark! But you carry on with your glass half full. It is not a bad way to be at all.

xx

patience of a saint said...

Can't believe that you wanted to look like Barbie, small giant with a fat neck is not a nice look. Thank god you look like you do.

No creepy crawlies that I know of in my meal on Saturday thankfully.

I am going to stick with my glass being half full and half full with a bud is even better x x x