Tuesday 21 August 2007

Attack

Blimey what a weekend that was. Our trip to sunny Eastbourne went very well indeed. After much anger raised to the insurance company and me trying to find insurance elsewhere I requested my insurance documents to be e mailed direct to me. Now why didn't I think of that earlier? Off we trotted to the post office and under the scrutinous eye of the Post master; what a fab name, it is like something out of dungeons and dragons, nearly worth opening your own post office so that you can be referred to as 'the Postmaster'. We were awarded our car tax disc........hoo(bloody)ray. So we set upon our journey early Friday morning, it goes without saying that about half an hour in we started on the 'are we nearly there?' route. Well I suppose that it goes with the territory.

Anyway, the airshow was fantastic we had the pleasure of experiencing displays from the red arrows, Team Guinot wing walkers, Chinook and my favourite the Euro fighter typhoon, to mention a few. It really was fun for all of the family and no entrance fee, so you just can't beat that. The children also enjoyed looking at the tanks, tents, motorbikes and I managed to persuade them to stroke the rather scary looking RAF police dog. The army man who was looking after the police dog was answering questions and he joked that the dog was really 'vicious' as he was lying on the floor chilling out. I said to the RAF man, ' Yes that is until you mention the special word that will make him attack, like 'ATTACK' '. The RAF man looked at me completely serious and said 'No we can't do that in case a member of the public hears it and uses it.' I looked at him, 'I was only joking' I said. I thought about maybe explaining the joke but didn't see the point.

http://www.eastbourneairshow.com/

Yesterday was third oldest child's 7th birthday. If I ever need reminding about how useless I am following instructions all I need to is to try to put together toys suitable for children under the age of 8. I mean if they are meant for kids then surely they should be made easier to put together? Then again I think that it maybe me, my friend Claire came round and helped the very stressed Louis to change the transforming helicopter to a scary looking robot. Claire gets on my nerves, whatever she puts her hand to she can do as if she has been doing it for years. As I watched in awe she said, and I quote, ' I don't need to look at the instructions, I just look to see where the bits go'. Well get you Miss Clever Clogs. Bet you can't make 5 packed lunch boxes in 10 mins can you?

Today's medical fact;
From the age of thirty, humans gradually begin to shrink in size.

Bet all you over thirty's people are glad to hear about that.

6 comments:

The World According To Me said...

Good afternoon patience

Firstly I must apologise for being so rubbish with remembering your lovely children's birthdays. Sorry.
I hope it was a nice day, regardless of naughty Auntie Knickers forgetting.

Sounds like the air show was lots of fun. So glad the Postmaster sorted the tax disc out. There will be no stopping you now.

5 packed lunch boxes in five minutes is a skill in it's own right. Don't worry about toy instructions, leave that to the Claire's of this world.
You can't be good at everything.

Right, I'm off to measure my height, in relation to how tall I was last week...

patience of a saint said...

hello there, don't you worry about them pesky kids. Thanks knickers, you are right that you can't be good at everything, I am still struggling with what I am good at. Although I am particularly good at demolishing choccy at lightning speed, now that's a skill worth having. The amount of height you lose must be minescule otherwise you would notice that your trousers would be shrinking. Hope all is good with you and looking forward to the 1st x x x P.S; feedback re; heroes?????

Anonymous said...

I'd just like to point out that Claire did go to Catering College and probably can do the lunchbox thing too !

Look at it this way though lovely, you were letting Louis investigate because that's how kids learn ! Claire just wanted to play with his toy ;o)

xxx

patience of a saint said...

Thank you hospital holiday, I like your way of thinking very much. XXX

The World According To Me said...

Hello saint with the patience

I too can eat chocolate at the speed of light! In fact, I can eat anything at the speed of light.

Can't wait for the 1st! I'll try not to eat too fast though, and savour every mouthful and every moment.

Loved Heroes, but did feel a tad lost. Not sure about the bloke who can read your mind?! Imagine that.
Seeing little Laura tonight so will have to tape it.

Until the next one.xx

patience of a saint said...

Wouldn't wish reading my mind on anyone, all they would get would be a load of nonsense. Ditto with the 1st, cannot wait.