Thursday 16 August 2007

Rabbit

I am still waiting for the insurance documents to arrive so that I can tax the coach in time for our jaunt to Eastbourne. Several times I have spoken to the Insurance Company and with each different person I speak to I hear a different version of events. I don't know whether I am paranoid or if they are telling the truth but I am sure as they say they are going to 'Check the computer' they are trying to fabricate some lie. Needless to say I am patiently awaiting the postman. Don't even get me started on that one; is 3pm any time to receive post? I don't think so. In anticipation and hope that the 'recorded delivery' sent post I am due to receive a few days ago will actually arrive I have printed out a form via the DVLA website.
When it printed all that has come out is a load of nonsense, it looks as it should but in the part where it should read 'Your details' it reads 'Zpvs!ef ubjrth!!'........OK. The funny thing is, where the notes section is about 'Applying for a tax disc', there is a stamp from the Plain English Campaign and it has supposedly been clarity approved. Not in this world.
All is fairly quiet in the Big Brother house, one child has escaped - no need for alarm, and the other 6 are playing 'nicely'. God knows what the hotel where we are staying has let themselves in for.

We are debating re-homing a greyhound, not any old greyhound but from a reputable charity association not far from where we live. Not sure whether this is a good idea or not; firstly because of how freaked out the children get when there is a dog on the opposite side of the road and secondly because of my cleanliness OCD. So the plan of action is to visit the kennels and let the children 'grow accustomed' to the dogs. When I spoke to a very nice lady at http://www.greyhoundhomer.org.uk/ she said to let the children stroke the dogs and then if we still want to go ahead and re-home one, the dog will choose us. I seriously doubt it, all the dogs will probably run away. One week with us and the dog will probably wish it was back at the race track.

Today's medical fact;

When we touch something, we send a message to our brain at 124 mph

(or in my case 4mph)

1 comment:

The World According To Me said...

Or in my case, 2.5 miles per hour.

Zpvs!ef ubjrth....makes perfect sense to me!

I wish you all the best with the tax disc. Can't wait to hear about your trip already. Are you jetting off next weekend, bank holiday weekend?

A greyhound hey? Wonders will never cease. Personally I think it's a lovely idea, as long as the children and the OCD do not mind?

Until the next one. xx