Wednesday 22 August 2007

'FORE'

I have had to shut the kids out, not of my life, just out of the dining room as they are just too noisy.

Nothing exciting has happened today not unless you class sorting washing and ironing exciting, and if you do then you need to get out more. The weather is terrible, more like November than August and that does not make one feel much better.

Last night I ventured out with my mum, the honourable roboeye, to a vast shopping centre as she and my stunning sister are going away to Aussie on Friday. They are going to attend my Brother's (who lives in Australia) Wedding. I did ask my husband if I could go but all I got out of him was intense laughter and the ultimatum if I go then I had not bother coming back....tempting. When I spoke to my friend last night she said that he was being unfair as it was a chance in a lifetime and it was only 10 days away. Then we were in silence for 5 secs and we came to a mutual understanding that; a man being left alone with 6 kids and one baby, well 5 kids and two babies was a lot to ask of. She said that I could leave the two older ones with her but anymore than that and she would be in the Priory for every addiction going and various mental breakdowns.

Whilst we were at the shopping centre it made me think of all of the hilarious times me and my mum have spent together, the best one being and at the same shopping centre a few years back;
I noticed that the pushchair that I was pushing had become rather hard to manoeuvre, nonetheless I just continued to push it. After deciding to investigate why it was being so difficult I bent down to see what was stopping it from moving. I bent down to remove a golf club from under the wheels, yes a golf club. Not a blanket or a child's toy but an adult's golf club. It was like a scene from Mary Poppins when she takes the lamp out of her carpet bag. Obviously we were in fits of laughter, fits of laughter and wonder about where we could have managed to pick up such a hitchhiker. Whilst picking ourselves up off the floor, tears rolling down our faces and people looking at us like we were insane I managed to see that the recent visit to the Warner Brothers store had resulted in me taking one of their 'Superman' golf clubs for a trip with us. Absolute classic, me and my lovely mum at our best. I will miss my mum and sister lots, Jealous? Too right I am.

Today's medical fact; Our eyes never grow, and our nose and ears never stop growing.

5 comments:

The World According To Me said...

Oh Patience, I have laughed so much about the golf club and push chair, to the point a work colleague had to ask if I was okay!
I can picture both your faces on discovering the golf club!

As for Oz. Hope you are not too disappointed. I bet they are back before you know it, with happy tales.

My eyes are often bigger than my belly, does that count?!

I'm feeling bad about the bot fly joke. Please forgive me.
xx

patience of a saint said...

All is forgiven FPE. That tale always brings a smile to our faces. Eyes bigger than belly is better than belly bigger than eyes I say, (I think? I seem to have confused myself).

Not too disappointed, it never really was an option. Thanks for your reassuring words though, they mean a lot x x x x x x x x x x x x

The World According To Me said...

Hi Patience

Found any run away golf clubs recently??

patience of a saint said...

No Miss Elephant I have not, but thank you for asking. I must remind my mum about that incident all the stress of the holiday she needs a laugh.

Anonymous said...

Honey I'm gutted for you - I hope hope hope that the happy occassion will be recorded so that you can watch it all when they get back xxx