Monday 1 October 2007

The doctor will see you now

Hello there one and all, today is a teachers training day so I have been subjected to a little taster of what half term will be like. Let's be honest though one week is nothing compared to 6 weeks so it should be a breeze. The kids are fine but just like normal very noisy and continually after food. It barely gets to 9am and they are requesting lunch, when they can't have lunch focus turns to crisps and if all else fails a biscuit will suffice.

The weather is dismal especially as today is the 1st October. I absolutely love Autumn it is my favourite season and my fave is Halloween, such a child I am. There is nothing of any real interest to report, I am still extremely annoyed and frustrated at my bank 'Abbey' as I am still waiting for them to send me my replacement debit card which expired at the end of August exactly one month ago. I have no other credit cards or accounts with other banks so I really am stuck, best not even to go there as I am sure that certain parts of my body have steam coming out of them. Anyway I am going to repay my rather large overdraft and then take my custom elsewhere. No-one seems to know what is going on and each time I speak to someone; generally after waiting for half an hour on the phone something else has happened to my card, the way I see it I should have about 5 debit cards stacked up somewhere.

Pixie has been let off of playgroup today as she doesn't like it at the best of times let alone when all of her bros and sis aren't at school. Louis has sustained a massive injury to his foot, he is unsure how it happened but it hurts when he treads on it so I told him not to tread on it and off he went limping, happy enough with my medical diagnosis. I knew that all that time I was meant to be studying at college but was in fact watching Quincy ME would pay off. So that in fact is that from me, I have more washing to attend to and more patients to medically assist so I bid you a fond farewell.

Today's medical fact; The sense of taste is the weakest of the five senses.

Good job with my cooking.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Patience your matter of fact attitude and no nonsense approach is what keeps your kids so good - I'll definitely be having parenting lessons of you before I embark on the adventure ! And yes it was me - HH xxx

patience of a saint said...

Well hello hospital holiday, thank you so much for your earlier comment, it made me focus on blogging. Oh yes, this parenting lark is an adventure of a lifetime and I don't think you will need any advice from me. I'm glad to hear that my blogs have not put you off child rearing completely x x

The World According To Me said...

Hello Halloween fan.

I still look back fondly at the Halloween party you hosted at your house. There was even blood in the bath!

That really stinks, not having a replacement card yet. No wonder you have steam coming out of every orifice.

Love your parenting skills too. xxx

Anonymous said...

Hahaha World - Good Call, remember Fanny Arrand writing hi on her forehead in fake blood - only to discover that as she had done it in a mirror she had actually written ih...
And of course the classic 'Ahhhh you've come as Freddy Flintstone'
'No Annie I'm green...'Possibly the best party in the world !!!
HH xxx

The World According To Me said...

Hello anon

I remember those classics only too well! Bless Annie and her little pumkin outfit.
You went to so much effort at the party Patience, and it was all appreciated and enjoyed.

patience of a saint said...

Oh those were the days, footloose and fancy free. The party was the best especially as everyone went to so much trouble. Only APF could mistake the hulk for fred flinstone, would have thought the illuminous green body paint would have given it away though?

Cheers you guys, happy happy days
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx